To keep your home clean, constant vacuuming is requisite in order to get rid of any accumulated dirt. This quickly turns into a tedious and time consuming affair since you have to use a handheld vacuum machine. To take the chore out of this routine, try the new iRobot Roomba 880 vacuum cleaning robot, as it uses some pieces of advanced technology to clean floor surfaces. Let’s see what I’ll cover in this review:
- the PROs and CONs of the unit
- the best features and some small lifehacks
- from where to get it at an interesting price
But first, let’s see how it looks like:
Now that you’ve got a grip on it’s main features, here are the detailed specs:
- Weighs 8.4 lbs. with a height of 3.6” and a diameter of 13.9”.
- Comes equipped with iAdapt, the responsive navigation technology.
- Cleans using the AeroForce Performance System, which has extractors that don’t tangle.
- Uses a HEPA-filtered bin.
- Comes with a XLife battery (extra long lifespan).
- The box contains 2 beacons (which can be used to build the virtual walls).
- Can be scheduled to clean.
- Automatically goes to dock for recharging.
- It’s bagless.
- Has a cleaning path of 13”.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It is effective as it cleans all types of floors like hardwoods and carpets to perfection, guaranteeing a good performance.
- It is efficient due to its ability to save one’s time and energy that would otherwise be spent onto daily vacuuming. You don’t have to be around the house to do it as the process is automated – set your mode and let your robot do the cleaning.
- It is versatile enough to handle both large and small rooms as it fits in tight spaces and corners that are hard to reach thanks to its circular and compact design. It also cleans small areas, a result of spills from drinks or food through the Spot Clean mode.
- The AeroForce suction system gets rid of dirt, debris, hair and fur from pets of various sizes without breaking a sweat and in a thorough fashion. This is accomplished by its advanced suction power.
- The robot’s navigation system allows it to navigate around any type of room, regardless of its size, shape or floor type.
- The battery life is excellent. To extend the product’s lifespan, consider a replacement battery. Its power of 1.3 amps ensures the robot does a thorough cleaning job as it enables it to run for a longer time through its airflow accelerator that controls the flow of air for maximum power.
- Preset the vacuuming sessions and the iRobot Roomba 880 vacuum cleaning robot will not disappoint, as it will be cleaning during such times and days like clockwork. This is perfect for people who barely have the time to set it loose every time they need vacuuming.
- Automatic docking for recharging during the cleaning session is an added feature which ensures the robot gets back to charging in the event that its power runs out in the middle of the cleaning. This eliminates the need to be physically around during the vacuuming.
- Unlike the manual vacuum cleaners that require one to constantly replace the bags, this additional chore does not apply with this cleaning robot. To know if the bin is full, an alert goes off which signals you to empty the full it.
- The HEPA filter is perfect for people who suffer from allergies or own pets, as they it is sealed properly in the bin.
- The dirt sensor enables the robot to identify rooms that require more cleaning due to the high traffic they experience. Simply select the mode you wish to use and it will focus on the specified area for that extra shine.
- Costs way less than a Samsung or a Miele robovac. Check out today’s deal.
- Takes a while to charge to full which can be inconvenient for areas that require constant vacuuming like malls, hospitals and offices, due to the high traffic. Such scenarios require a backup system to make sure the cleaning is consistent.
- It is pricey, which makes many people opt for the manual way of cleaning floors.
- It does not connect to the internet or phone, which would have been an added advantage to track the cleaning sessions through alerts and notifications.
- Some users have experienced instances where the equipment dies in the middle of a cleaning session due to the lack of charge and it was unable to reach the charging dock. This happens in larger rooms that can pose a challenge when it comes to the cleaning experience.
- It has also been noted that the robot vacuum cleaner may get stuck in a tight corner or tangled its rubber rolls in some equipment or furniture which makes it struggle for a while. Such instances, although rare, can be problematic especially if someone left the robot on the premises they will find the cleaning finished.
When you look at the PROs associated with iRobot Roomba 880 vacuum cleaning robot, you know they make it a savvy buy. This is because you only need to preset it one time to clean every day, 7 times a week, then forget about it. You won’t believe how much dirt and debris it accumulates.
Unlike the manual kind, it easily vacuums under furniture thanks to its sleek design which allows it to fit anywhere around the room. It is perfect for people with severe dirt allergies while it also collects pet fur through its powerful suction. It is also easy to use and operate as it doesn’t require any special skills. iRobot have really perfected their craft through their Roomba 880 model by increasing its battery life to be twice as effective as its predecessor. Its tangle-free extractors are worth a mention as they are perfect for all types of carpet flooring. The Roomba 880 robot will be happy to dust under the beds and couches while also taking care of corners that would be hard to maneuver using the usual vacuum cleaners.
Therefore, when you consider all these excellent features and capabilities, it is easy to overlook the high price tag attached to it. However, IMO, it is worth the buy. It will not only clean your floor surfaces to perfection but also guarantees to preserve soft and expensive floors through its various cleaning modes.
So, what do you think? Do you own a Roomba 880? Have a question for me? Want to share your experience with this model? Please use the form bellow!
Latest posts by Michael (see all)
- Li-Ion vs Ni-Mh Batteries – Which Are Better? - September 11, 2016
- How to Get Rid of The Dust Bunnies - August 16, 2016
- iRobot Braava 380t – the floor mopping robot your hard floors dream of - January 15, 2016